Visa Information


Aiglon will arrange for Residence Permits for non-Swiss residents, but we cannot obtain visas on a students’ behalf: this must be done by parents.

Students who hold a Swiss passport but do not reside in Switzerland need to provide us with a copy  of the Acte d'Origine. This document is issued by the commune of origin.

Students resident in Switzerland but who do not hold a Swiss passport need to provide us with an
original Attestation de Domicile. This document is obtained from the commune in which they reside.

Students who are passport holders of the following countries DO NOT require a visa to study in Switzerland:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San-Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and The Vatican.

If the student holds a current passport from one of these countries, he/she can travel freely in and out of Switzerland. The Aiglon Travel Office will obtain the student’s residency permit upon arrival in Switzerland

Students who DO NOT hold a current passport from one of the above listed countries will require a student visa for entry into Switzerland. Please see below:

When a student has received their Aiglon acceptance, we will forward a letter for you to present to the Swiss Embassy or Consulate when you apply for a visa.  

When a Swiss visa is required, the student must submit an application for a multi-entry visa. A visa application can take up to 12 weeks to process, and we strongly recommend that you submit a visa application as soon as possible to ensure that the visa is issued prior to arrival. Students are not able to begin studying in Switzerland until their visa has been approved, so it is crucial that an application is made at the earliest opportunity, to avoid arriving late and missing important work at the beginning of the new school year.

Additionally, you must also complete sections B, C and H of the Application for a Temporary Residence Permit and “Letter A” forms which can be found below. These two documents are required by the Embassy or Consulate when you apply for the student visa.

Please upload copies of the two forms as they were submitted to the Swiss Embassy or Consulate and confirm to us the date on which your visa application was made.

Visa Information

Letter A

Canton of Vaud Temporary Residency Application